Lovely Quotes

A closed mouth gathers no foot. - My Dad

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. - My Mom

I’ll lift you and you lift me and we'll both ascend together. - John Greenleaf Whittier

If you ever get lonely you just go to the record store and visit your friends. - Penny Lane

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom. – Anais Nin

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. - Dalai Lama

When the student is ready, the master appears. - Buddhist Proverb

Whatever you look for in others tends to rise to the surface. - Unknown

If you’re smilin with the cosmos the motherfuckin cosmos is smiling back at ya. - Chris Robinson

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha


October 28, 2013

Flies...AGAIN.

The flies are back...again.  

Back in February I posted about something dying in my chimney and flies showing up in my house weeks later.  I couldn't smell anything so I had no idea what horror was lurking around the corner for me...

Well, the same thing has happened again, and the worst part is that I HAVE been able to smell the poor little critter this time and I've had to deal with the stench of death in my living room for the past 3, almost 4 weeks.  Every time I sit on the couch, which is of course in front of the fireplace, vapors of rotting flesh creep up my nose, and I swear to you it has texture!  It's like an invisible cloud of disease is surrounding me.  I feel like I'm infected with Dysentery just for stepping foot into my house.


I started seeing them last night, just a few, and this time around the flies are bigger, I swear they are, and they're even more disgusting and wretched because I'm keenly aware of the horrible fact that they are nothing more than maggots with wings.  They are so icky the cats won't go near them.  They won't even chase them.  I've seen a couple of dead ones here and there and am convinced that Daisy looked at me after noticing them and said "Jesus Christ Mom, clean these fucking flies up, would you?"

A side effect of the Dysentery is quite frequently throughout the day, I encounter the random aroma of the essence of the dearly departed.  I don't know if it's on my clothes or if it's in my head or even worse if it's my Payless shoes.  I think I'm gonna have to chalk it up to the power of suggestion, for hygienic and sanity reasons.

So I can't wait to get home and see just how many of the little bastards actually completed the journey from fiber glass filled chimney into Casa de Brown. 

Oh, and of course there's this:  take away the selfish aspect of the entire situation and there lies the simple fact that some sweet, innocent creature accidentally fell into the chimney and undoubtedly suffered tremendously by starving to death.  For this my heart aches.

Obviously I cannot go thru this experience again, so Heidi's son is going to come over and get on the roof and cover the chimney hole in the next week or two.  Oh how I wish I would have done it sooner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment