Lovely Quotes

A closed mouth gathers no foot. - My Dad

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. - My Mom

I’ll lift you and you lift me and we'll both ascend together. - John Greenleaf Whittier

If you ever get lonely you just go to the record store and visit your friends. - Penny Lane

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom. – Anais Nin

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. - Dalai Lama

When the student is ready, the master appears. - Buddhist Proverb

Whatever you look for in others tends to rise to the surface. - Unknown

If you’re smilin with the cosmos the motherfuckin cosmos is smiling back at ya. - Chris Robinson

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha

November 29, 2012

Superpowers - Assholes - I'm Not Sure Really.

Turmoil. What an ugly word.  I have seen so much of it lately.  Is it the time of year?  I know the holidays don't usually bring out the best in folks, especially when they are running around town doing things they don't want to do, spending money they don't have, and dealing with ridiculous expectations from lovers, employers, friends, and family.  Do the holidays just make some people suck even more than they usually suck?  

I wish I had a few superpowers.  Dane Cook says he'd like to be able to shoot spaghetti out of his finger.  I'd like to be able to shoot bullets out of my finger.  

90% of my life is spent in a peaceful, forgiving state of mind with a calm, joyous, kind outlook on life and people...but the other 10% consists of the urge to extinguish certain persons.  I would just feel better knowing that they were gone from the planet.  It seems like they are only here as a constant reminder of just how evil mankind can be to animals, the earth, and of course to one another.  They are totally useless and have absolutely nothing to contribute to the world.  They consciously choose to behave deplorably and commit horrendous acts - and rarely do they take responsibility for being wretched.  Ugh, just thinking about them and their horribleness makes my stomach turn.  Back to superpowers...

I'd really like to fly more than anything.  When I was little I used to take off into the sky from my driveway, just like I was swimming up to the surface of water.  I would float around in the air and "swim" from tree to tree, talking to the birds and generally being gay in every way. They were of course my favorite dreams ever and would be to this day if I still had them. Wait, no, that's not true, because nowadays I dream about saving the world and hanging out with my favorite celebrities, like John Cusack and Eddie Vedder, and they are so real, it's incredible.

Speaking of Eddie Vedder, I've seen him in concert twice in the past week and he is without a doubt one of the coolest people to ever hit the music scene.  His lyrics are so personal and his style is so original and the way he looks at life is so inspirational.  I am so grateful to have him in my real world and my dream world.