Lovely Quotes

A closed mouth gathers no foot. - My Dad

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. - My Mom

I’ll lift you and you lift me and we'll both ascend together. - John Greenleaf Whittier

If you ever get lonely you just go to the record store and visit your friends. - Penny Lane

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom. – Anais Nin

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. - Dalai Lama

When the student is ready, the master appears. - Buddhist Proverb

Whatever you look for in others tends to rise to the surface. - Unknown

If you’re smilin with the cosmos the motherfuckin cosmos is smiling back at ya. - Chris Robinson

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha


August 1, 2012

Sinus Surgery

Have you ever heard someone say "I'd rather have my sinuses scraped"?  It doesn't conjure up thoughts of fields of daisies and bunnies with an open bar in the middle of it, now does it. No.  It makes you think wow, if the alternative is worse than having your sinuses scraped, it must be really bad.  


Well guess what?  I'm having my sinuses scraped in 2 days.  What in the fucking hell you say? I know, I know.  But it's a necessary thing.  Trust me.  I cannot breathe.  I haven't been able to breathe for about 2 - 3 years and it's getting worse.  I've become one of those nasty mouth breathers when I sleep...not to mention a snorer, a jumper, and a major gas passer. Well that last part really doesn't have anything to do with my sinuses but I thought I would throw it in there for shits and giggles.


Sleep Apnea is a real fucking peach of an ailment too, let me tell you.  That's where you stop breathing and you wake yourself up all night, usually with a ridiculously loud snort and an even more ridiculously violent jerk that scares the shit out of you and anything in the near vicinity of you.  I'm constantly exhausted.  The bags under my eyes could give a 90 year old woman a run for her money, not to mention the dark circles.




So, needless to say, while I do have a bit of anxiety about the surgery and the week after, which I will spend with stints and packing in my nose, it thrills me to know that my life will dramatically improve in just about a week from now.  I'm also extremely grateful that I have the ability/opportunity to get this surgery.  So many people would just have to suffer through it, perhaps for the rest of their lives, which is incredibly sad to me.  And let me tell you, not being able to breathe at 100% capacity is a tough hand to play.  


Speaking of hands...I think my fingers are still growing.  Weird, huh.  They're slowly starting to resemble tentacles.  I wonder if they have a surgery for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment