Lovely Quotes

A closed mouth gathers no foot. - My Dad

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. - My Mom

I’ll lift you and you lift me and we'll both ascend together. - John Greenleaf Whittier

If you ever get lonely you just go to the record store and visit your friends. - Penny Lane

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom. – Anais Nin

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. - Dalai Lama

When the student is ready, the master appears. - Buddhist Proverb

Whatever you look for in others tends to rise to the surface. - Unknown

If you’re smilin with the cosmos the motherfuckin cosmos is smiling back at ya. - Chris Robinson

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha


April 3, 2014

Spring Fling.

It's finally here.  The beautiful Spring, or as I like to call it, the beautiful Fling, because that's about how long this lovely time of year lasts before the heat steps in to take over.  Blink and that shit is gone, then before you know it my absolute favorite time of year will be upon us - Swamp Ass season.

One of the most enjoyable things to me is sitting outside on my front porch, listening to the birds sing.  "The Earth has much to say to those who listen."  That is a fantastic quote.  Beer has much to say to those who listen too, so another one of my favorite things to do is sit outside at a bar and day drink.  Notice how I didn't say get drunk.  I have stayed true to myself in that I have not been drunk since that night in November, and I must say it has been a wonderful experience.  At first I wasn't consuming any alcohol at all, but then I decided I didn't want to go to that extreme because I really do enjoy a glass of wine, a cold beer, or a really good cocktail, especially all at once. 

This is a very special month for me because a) Earth Day is on the 22nd, which of course is very near and dear to me even though every day is Earth Day if you ask me, and b) the 27th is the baby Piper's birthday, my BFF Jimmy's birthday, and my birthday, which I am extra happy about because I'll be 42 and I have an aversion to odd numbers.  Weird, right?  I know.  I don't know what the deal is there.  I've just always been that way.  What I do know is that I will be celebrating with all my amazing friends on the 26th and we will have a total blast, as always, even as I forgo the drunkenness.  Woo hoo! 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment