Lovely Quotes

A closed mouth gathers no foot. - My Dad

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. - My Mom

I’ll lift you and you lift me and we'll both ascend together. - John Greenleaf Whittier

If you ever get lonely you just go to the record store and visit your friends. - Penny Lane

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom. – Anais Nin

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. - Dalai Lama

When the student is ready, the master appears. - Buddhist Proverb

Whatever you look for in others tends to rise to the surface. - Unknown

If you’re smilin with the cosmos the motherfuckin cosmos is smiling back at ya. - Chris Robinson

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha


April 3, 2013

THAT'S IT. I'M DONE.

I am done trying to be something I'm not and constantly feeling disappointed in myself.  I can't take it anymore.  I feel like such a failure.

I'm a spiritual person.  I talk the talk, I walk the walk, I read the books, I don't eat meat, I journal (not as much as I should but what the fuck man, sometimes I just don't feel like it).  I think how I'm supposed to think and I behave how I'm supposed to behave (for the most part, let's not get carried away here), but there are a few ideas that come along with this whole "hippy-free spirit-alternative" lifestyle that I just can't seem to get into and I am sick and tired of feeling like a complete douchebag because of it.

I DO NOT WANT TO MEDITATE AND
I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE YOGA CLASSES.

There, I said it.  I have spent so many years buying books and DVD's on meditation and yoga - I even have an entire room dedicated to meditating with pillows, candles, statues...all kinds of shit - and I barely touch them. They were a complete and total waste of my money and to be honest with you, every time I look at them I say to myself "got damn Karen, you need to read that or when are you going to watch that DVD asshole?" and it makes me feel bad.  Like really bad.  And as far as yoga goes?  I suck so bad I just paid for a year's worth of classes and only went for 3 months.  I KNOW!  WTF? For some reason I feel chained to the idea that I have to partake in and be totally perfect at all these spiritual practices or I might not be the divine, wonderful, whole person I am and have been the entire time.  What a lousy crock of shit!  

So no more, man.  No more.  From now on I will be totally comfortable with my process of learning and development.  I will let go of the idea of perfection and be at peace with the choices I make regarding my spiritual growth and enlightenment.  I am totally comfortable with how I live my life.  

WHEW!  Wow, I feel like such a burden has been lifted from my shoulders. That took way too damn long to come to terms with, and all I have to say about it is AMEN and HOLLA.










No comments:

Post a Comment